FALMOUTH, MA (March 13, 2019)—Nine non-profit groups have been awarded a total of $81,700 in grants as part of the latest semi-annual series of donations by Falmouth Road Race, Inc., the organization has announced.
Among the projects to be funded will be replacement of docks at a summer camp, expansion of a handicapped-
accessible trail, and a pool for a “home away from home” for children fighting cancer. Representatives from the
organizations accepted their checks at a presentation ceremony on March 7 at the Falmouth Chamber of
The grant program was established as a way for Falmouth Road Race, Inc. to give back to the community for its
help and support. Each year, Falmouth residents and organizations provide many hours of volunteering for
the New Balance Falmouth Road Race, a world-class event for both elite and recreational runners, as well as for
the Aetna Falmouth Elite Mile, the SBLI Family Fun Run, and the Health & Fitness Expo.
“You know, it’s one thing to read these proposals on paper, but it’s really something to hear about the projects
and the stories of the people they affect,” said Robert Antonucci, a member of Falmouth Road Race’s board of
directors, who presented the grants. “We’re fortunate to have an opportunity to support these wonderful
Since fiscal year 2012-2013, Falmouth Road Race, Inc. has contributed more than $2.2 million to the health and
wellness of Falmouth and the surrounding area through Community Giving and Grants.
Receiving grants in this semi-annual round were:
- Boy Scouts of America (camping supplies and equipment for the first girls’ troop)
- Camp Good News (aluminum-dock replacement)
- East Falmouth Elementary School (new basketball hoops at various heights)
- Falmouth High School Girls’ Volleyball (training equipment)
- Falmouth Youth Football (new equipment-storage unit)
- Falmouth High School Track Team (new uniforms for boys’ and girls’ teams)
- Morse Pond School (animal-assisted intervention)
- The 300 Committee Land Trust (handicapped-accessible trail expansion)
- Tommy’s Place (contribution toward a swimming pool)
About Falmouth Road Race, Inc. The New Balance Falmouth Road Race was established in 1973 and has become one of the premier running events of the summer season. Each year the race draws an international field of Olympians, elite and recreational runners out to enjoy the iconic 7-mile seaside course. The non-profit Falmouth Road Race organization is committed to promoting health and fitness through community programs and philanthropic giving.